Doug Young Leadership award
The recipient of the Doug Young Downtown Leadership Award is Chantho Sourinho.
Servant leadership is a management style in which you lead by putting the needs of others first. A servant leader focuses on the continued growth and well-being of other stakeholders and constituents within the community at large. Generosity is one of the major hallmarks of a servant leader. This year’s Main Street Doug Young Downtown Leadership Award honoree has always been generous with his time, talents, treasures and passion for a vibrant and growing community.
The recipient of the Doug Young Downtown Leadership Award is Chantho Sourinho. This very high honor is indicative of one who has achieved significant respect and success in fulfilling their civic duty as well as one who personifies the highest standard of service toward others, leadership and integrity. He is in every respect a model citizen and one in whom we have the greatest pride. Through his compassionate leadership and significant service, Commissioner Sourinho has significantly contributed to shaping our community throughout his focus on others. His willingness to serve those in need and cross barriers to extend a lifeline is apparent in all that he has devoted his life towards.
Main Street is indeed fortunate to have had such an enthusiastic, intentional, and visionary servant leader as a member of the Main Street Murfreesboro Board of Directors for the past 12 years.
- Married to Bounnheng since 1976 with one daughter together.
- American Citizen 1984
- Graduate of MTSU Class of '86
- Retired- Rutherford County Schools Counselor
- First Laotian to be elected to public county office in TN.
- Rutherford County Commissioner 2010-present (District 21)
- Board Service: Stonecrest Medical Center, Domestic Violence, American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Health and Wellness Counsel with the Rutherford County Health Department, Veteran Group, Main Street Board Chair (2018) and Board Member 2011-2022.
- Member of the Buddhist Temple on Old Hwy. 16